6/25/06

OLDIES ARE FOREVER

LAS ROLITAS VIEJITAS PERO BONITAS (OLDIES BUT GOODIES) WILL NEVER BE REPLACED BY ANY NEW SOUNDS---OLDIES ARE FOREVER THE MUSIC OF THE VARRIOS. SO MUCH HEART AND FEELINGS GO WITH ‘EM QUE IT IDENTIFIES 113% CON EL VATO LOCO AND THE TWO SIDES WHICH POSSESS HIS SOUL---THE LOYAL-DEDICATED SIDE, AND THE HARD-CRAZY ONE INSIDE OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US WHO ARE BORN WITH IT…. WE CAN EITHER LOVE OR HATE WITH AN EQUAL PASSION, AND LAS OLDIES BRING FORTH FIRMLY THAT LOYAL DEDICATED SIDE OF US UNLIKE ANY OTHER TYPE OF SOUNDS CAN---JUST LIKE GANGSTRO SOUNDS BRING OUT THAT DARK MALOSO SIDE OF US AND GET US ALL FEELING INVINCIBLE…. OLDIES KEEP US IN BALANCE AND SOOTHE OUR LOVE WITHIN, ALLOWING US TO EXHIBIT IT TO THOSE AROUND US YET KEEPING IT IN FULL ACCORD WITH THE HARD LIFE OF LA VIDA LOCA….

BORLOTEROS Y PACHANGEROS WE’RE FROM A YOUNG AGE, AND CAN GET DOWN ON THE DANCE FLOOR WITH A COOL STYLE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE REST OF OUR STRUCTURE AND DICIPLINE…. EVERYTHING HAS TO BE AS ONE IN ALL THAT WE DO---OTHERWISE IT AIN’T DONE RIGHT….

IN MY VARRIO BACK IN THE DAY, WE LISTENED TO OLDIES ALL THE TIME WHEN HANGING OUT, PARTYING OR CRUSIN’…. OTHER SOUNDS WERE NOT WIDELY ACCEPTED BY THE HOMEBOYS SO TO ME BEING WITHOUT OLDIES IS LIKE UNTHINKABLE. MY COLLECTION OF OLDIES IS BOTH EN INGLES AND ESPANOL, AND TRUST ME CARNALES---THEY’RE BOTH THE SAME AND CARRY THE SAME FEELINGS AND ATTACHMENT TO THE PACHUCO SOUL OF OURS….

WACHENSE LOCOS, AHI LES VA LA LISTA FOR THOSE THAT HAVE LAYED THEM DOWN FOR A WHILE AND CAN’T REMEMBER SOME OF THE TITLES, BUT I’M CONFIDENT MOST OF YOU HAVE NO NEED FOR IT SINCE YOU VALUE OLDIES JUST LIKE US VIEJOS….

YOU’RE STILL A YOUNG MAN

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

RIGHT ON THE TIP OF MY TONGUE

GIVING UP ON LOVE

HAVE YOU SEEN HER

I WANT YOU AROUND

AIN’T TOO PROUD TO BEG

DON’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HISTORY

THE TRACKS OF MY TEARS

YOU’RE A BIG GIRL NOW

IN THE STILL OF THE NIGHT

BABY I’M FOR REAL

EVERYBODY PLAYS A FOOL

TEN COMMANDMENTS OF LOVE

CLOSE YOUR EYES

YOU BELONG TO ME

ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DREAM

OH, HONEY

CAN’T HELP FALLING IN LOVE

TEARS ON MY PILLOW

WHEN WE GET MARRIED

WISHIN' AND HOPING

I’M GOING DOWN

DRY YOUR EYES

WISHING ON A STAR

SEARCHIN FOR MY BABY

LO MUCHO QUE TE QUIERO

ONE SUMMER NIGHT

FOR YOUR LOVE

OH, HOW IT HURTS

NATURAL HIGH

NIGHT OWL

SHOTGUN

OH GIRL

DEVIL OR ANGEL

16 CANDLES

THEN HE KISSED ME

I’M SO PROUD

SINCE I DON’T HAVE YOU

HYPNOTIZED

LOVE ON A TWO WAY STREET

OH WHAT A NIGHT

IN THE RAIN

SOMEBODY LOVES YOU

BETCHA BY GOLLYWOW

DIDN’T I BLOW YOUR MIND

I’M SORRY

SOMEBODY PLEASE

TOGETHER

SUAVECITO

ARE YOU ANGRY

I NEED SOMEONE

SAD GIRL

HELLO STRANGER

ONCE UPON A TIME

STAY

I WANT YOU BACK

HAVE I SINNED

BREAK UP TO MAKE UP

I LOVE YOU FOR SO MANY REASONS

SOMEBODY PLEASE

ONLY YOU

BE MY BABY

OUT OF MY REACH

WE BELONG TOGETHER

YOU CHEATED, YOU LIED

I’M STILL HERE

BABY YOU GOT IT

STAY ON MY CORNER

WHEN YOU GET RIGHT DOWN TO IT

CONFESSING A FEELING

GOODNIGHT SWEETHEART

LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD

THERE GOES MY BABY

THE STORY UNTOLD

ISLAND OF LOVE

GROOVIN’

YOU’RE SO FINE

DARLING BABY

DANCING IN THE STREETS

MONSTER MASH

GUANTANAMERA

WOLLY BULLY

HANG ON SNOOPY

JAILHOUSE ROCK

HIT THE ROAD JACK

TEQUILA

SLEEPWALKER

WHAT LOVE HAS JOINED

YOU’LL LOSE A GOOD THING

YOUR OLD STAND-BY

THE TEARS OF A CLOWN

DEDICATED TO THE ONE I LOVE

I’LL ALWAYS LOVE MY MOMMA

FOREVER MY DARLING

YOU’RE MINE

A 1000 MILES AWAY

HEY THERE LONELY GIRL

HEAVEN MUST OF SENT YOU

LAUGHING BOY

SOLDIER BOY

MY GIRL

TALK TO ME

SMILE NOW, CRY LATER

STONE IN LOVE WITH YOU

DADDY’S HOME

COWBOYS AND GIRLS

CRUSING TOGETHER

Ooo BABY BABY

YOU REALLY GOT A HOLD OF ME

CRYSTAL BLUE PERSUASSION

SINCE I DON’T HAVE YOU

TONIGHT YOU’RE MINE

FOOLISH LITTLE GIRL

ANGEL BABY

EARTH ANGEL

I’M YOUR PUPPET

HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE

I WANNA GET NEXT TO YOU

18 CON UNA BALA

THIN LINE BETWEEN LOVE AND HATE

JUST MY IMAGINATION

THE WAY YOU DO THE THINGS YOU DO

LAND OF 1000 DANCES

LOVE N HAPPINESS

THE TOWN I LIVE IN

I GAVE TO YOU

I LOVE YOU FOR ALL SEASONS

MAKE IT WITH YOU

TO SAY I LOVE YOU

DONT STOP NOW

I NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D LEAVE ME

I COULD NEVER HURT YOU GIRL

WHO IS THE GIRL FOR ME

BABY IM YOURS

SEALED WITH A KISS

I WANT TO GO OUTSIDE IN THE RAIN

REUNITED

BEING WITH YOU

YOU MAKE ME FEEL BRAND NEW

CLOSE YOUR EYES

BABY LOVE

PAYBACK

LIFE IS BUT A DREAM

PLEASE SAY YOU WANT ME

THIS I SWEAR

SH-BOOM

YOU AND I

JUST A DREAM

A SUNDAY KIND OF LOVE

LOOK IN MY EYES

MY PRAYER

HIGHER AND HIGHER

HARBOR LIGHTS

RAGS TO RICHES

GOING IN CIRCLES

LIL DARLING

YOU REALLY GOT A HOLD ON ME

I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU

SMOKE GETS IN YOUR EYES

ONLY YOU

DUKE OF EARL

HEARD IT THRU THE GRAPEVINE

ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT

MEMORIES OF EL MONTE

STAND BY ME

WHERE LOVERS GO

SINCE I DONT HAVE YOU

THE GREAT PRETENDER

TEARS OF A CLOWN

MY STORY

THE BELLS

YOU'RE STILL A YOUNG MAN

STAY ON MY CORNER

LO MUCHO QUE TE QUIERO

6 comments:

eSa wh1sp3r:. said...

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THEM OLDIES THEY BRING OUT THE BEST IN ME. YOU KNOW SUM PEOPLE CUANDO VEN A MI VATO ALL TATTED N SHIT PELON N WITH HIS FACE UP HIGH THEY THINK AY VIENE ESTE PINCHE CHOLO BUT TO ME HIS LADY HIS WIFE HIS HYNA OR WHATEVER OLDIES R THE ROLAS WE PLAY WHEN HIS GOOD SIDE THE LUVABLE SIDE COME OUT! OUT OF ALL THE SONGS I KNEW ALL OF THEM AND BELIEVE ME I PUT HEART INTO COLLECTING WHAT WE CALL "CRUSING OLDIES"!

I REMEMBER SITTING NEXT TO MY VATO LAYING MY HEAD ON HIS SHOULDER OLDIES PLAYING AND CRUISING DOWN WHITTIER BLVD!

THE FUCKEN GOOD OLD DAYS!!

MR.PALO said...

Orale some firme rolas on here.I have most of them pero not all of them could you post up una link to some of these rolas? I wanted to get "Your still a young Man"
"Stay on my Corner"
"Lo mucho que te Queiro"
y "The Bells" that would be real firme...MR.PALO~VARRIO COTTAGE GROVE LOS HOMBRES DE REYES~TRESE LOCOS DE HOUSTONE~ ~WSVCG13TKL'S~

Anonymous said...

oral3 im still a lil vato I aint in 2 dat hip hop shit puras oldi3s y lil rob and anybody bringing an oldi3s ryth3m
EAST SIDE OF LOS A.

Anonymous said...

Devil or Angel?
I can't make up my mind
Which one you are
I'd like to wake up and find
Devil or Angel?
dear, whichever you are
I miss you,
I miss you,
I-I mi-i-iss you

Devil or Angel
please say you'll be mine
Love me or leave me,
I'll go out of my mind
Devil or Angel
dear whichever
I need you, I need you, I need you

You look like an Angel
Your smile is divine
But you keep me guessin'
Will you ever be mine?

Devil or Angel
please say you'll be mine
Love me or leave me,
I've made up my mind
Devil or Angel
dear, whichever you are
I love you, I love you, I love you

Devil or Angel
please say you'll be mine
Love me or leave me,
I've made up my mind
Devil or Angel
dear, whichever
whichever you are

I love you, I love you!

lorenzo97 said...

HOW ABOUT ALLNIGHT LONG OR PACHUCO HOP BY JOE HOUSTON AND CHUCK HIGGINS? SOME JIMMY REED-JOE TURNER AND A TOUCH OF FATS DOMINO FOR THE REALLY OLDER VATOS??

Anonymous said...

Oldies SUCK!!!