12/5/08

CHICANO. . WHAT IT MEANS

TO ME, BEING CHICANO MEANS BEING SERIO ABOUT THINGS, SER TRUCHA WITH WHAT GOES AROUND ME. KNOWING WHAT’S UP AND HAVE THE FEEL FOR BOTH SIDES OF THE LINE, AND HOW LA GENTE FROM THIS SIDE AND THOSE FROM THE OLD SIDE CARRY THEMSELVES!

TO ME BEING CHICANO MEANS BEING CALMADO, CREASED UP, CON LA RANFLA BIEN RANITA, STAYIN' ALL BIEN CLEAN. TAKING IT EAZY AND THROWING THAT HOMES ACCENT ON THE HABLAR. SPEAKING HALFWAYS, MAINLY EN INGLES, BUT THROWING IN THERE THOSE WORDS FROM ESPAñOL AND THOSE CROOKED PALABRAS WE MIXED UP GROWING UP IN THE VARRIO.

TO ME BEING CHICANO MEANS LISTENING TO OLDIES AND HAVING A SOFT CORAZON FOR THE TRUE FINE LOOKING LADIES, YET STILL KEEPING UP THE HARD SIDE FOR WHAT THE LIFE BRINGS. TO ME BEING CHICANO MEANS NOT BEING STUCK ON STUPID, NOR THINKING LIKE A GUERO STUCK UP ON SOME HIGH EGO TRIP.

BEING CHICANO MEANS I RESPECT MY FOLKS AND CLING TO THE NOSTALGIA OF THE YOUNG DAYS WITH THE BOYS AND GIRLS FROM THE VARRIO AND ALL THOSE FROM AROUND THE WAY.

SER CHICANO TO ME IS KNOWING THAT I REPRESENT A STILO DE VIDA BORN IN THIS LAND FOUGHT BETWEEN TWO RIVALS, MEXICO VS ESTADOS UNIDOS. NEITHER ONE KNOWS ME, NEITHER ONE CARES TO UNDERSTAND ME, NEITHER ONE WOULD BACK ME UP IN A COURT OF LAW.

FOR ME, A CHICANO, IT MEANS THAT I MUST KEEP MY HEAD UP; KEEP MY SENSES TRUCHA, KEEP MY STILO GOING; LEST I DIE AND BE ABSORBED BY THOSE WHO NEVER KNEW WHAT I WAS ABOUT. I MUST KEEP MY PRIDE, I MUST KEEP MY ESTILO, I MUST KEEP MY ARTE, MY SPEECH AND MY EVERYTHING GOING, LEST I SHOULD DIE!

I CAN NOT SIMPLY SAY FUCK IT AND GIVE UP ON MY WAYS. I CAN NOT SIMPLY SURVIVE UNDER THE PRISON SYSTEM, AND I CAN NOT ALLOW FOR RAP AND HIP HOP TO DESTROY ME!

I MUST CONTINUE, I WILL CONTINUE!

I’LL KEEP ON THROWING MI SABLASO. I’LL KEEP ON THROWING THAT CARNE ASADA WITH BUDWEISER GET TOGETHERS AT THE PARK. I WILL CONTINUE TO THROW A CRUISE ON FRIDAY NIGHT OR ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON. I WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP A COOL ATTITUDE AND NEVER EVER LET NO ONE GET ME DOWN NOMAS POR QUE SI. I WILL CONTINUE TO THROW ON THEM SOUNDS AND BE ALL REMINISCENT OF THE LIFE IN THE VARRIO. THAT LIFE THAT GOT ME ALL SQUARED UP WITH WHAT I HAD TO DO TO SURVIVE; WITH WHAT I HAD TO LEARN UP AND BE STRAIGHT WITH.

SO WHETHER IT BE COSAS DE LAS CALLES, LOVE LESSONS, STYLES AND TRENDS OR POLITICS, I OWE IT ALL TO THE WAY I WAS RAISED AND CAME UP BEING A CHICANO.

I DON’T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU, BUT TO ME, IT MEANS EVERYTHING THAT I AM!

I’M NOT A GANGSTER, I’M NOT AN EVIL PERSON, I’M NOT A SCREWED UP MIND, I’M NOT A SON OF SAM CYCO MOTHAFOCKER AND I’M MOST DEFINETELY NOT A RACIST FOOL WHO THINKS HIMSELF HIGHER THAN OTHER FOLKS.

BUT I AM A CRUISER, I AM A DEDICATED FATHER, A TRUE CARNAL, A BANDIDO HUSBAND (LOL), UN VATO DEL VARRIO, A LOCO CALMADO, A TEQUILA BOTTLE CHUGGER, A PEN AND INK ARTIST, A NOSTALGIC HOMEBOY, A JOKER AND A TOKER, Y UN CABRON DE POCAS MADRES AND A MOST DEFINITE STREET POLITICIAN FOR THE CAUSE!

"LA RAZA IS WHO I AM". .

EVERYTHING ABOUT LA RAZA HERE IN THIS LAND..
IS WHAT MAKES ME!!!

AND SO. .

IM A PRODUCT OF LA RAZA. .

THUS “I’M A CHICANO”


"FULL FLEDGED ‘TIL THE DAY I DIE!"

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

tou tell it like it is lobo and how it should always be.

Anonymous said...

When I read posts like this it reminds me of the people in Arizona Maravilla and Rock Maravilla that I knew and grew up with, I remember my Riggin schoolmates, they never strived for more, it was always gangs, guns, knives and who hurt your pride. I do not see why you would glorify an adolescent way of life, for us Chicanos to advance we have to let go of the old ways and be smart bro's, As a Chicano I have made a difference in my culture and the way the outside world sees me. I have created a multimillion dollar company and have helped as many of my Brown Brothers to see a better way for us. I still like the cars, the Sunday get togethers, the crusing. For us to advance we need to represent and show our young brown Brothers what is out there and that there are possibilities beyond the Barrios.

Anonymous said...

Que viva la raza mas linda...

Anonymous said...

ITS TIME FOR THE SLEEPING GIANT TO AWAKEN.

YA ESTUVO RAZA...

Dona Junta said...

Nice personal interpetation!

Dreamer78589 said...

orale Lonewolf..u tell it like it is carnal...

Anonymous said...

You're not describing Chicanos. You're describing Surenos. And Surenos as we know them today are not products of the streets of East Los Angeles, they're products of THE PRISON SYSTEM. You're not acting Chicano, really. You're acting like the monsters that the CDCR made you into it. And you're spreading the disease.

Anonymous said...

ese lobo solo bein a chicano means having class in every thing you do, self pride, respect honor,hard working and family orientated if you grew up in the hood or not as we get older and life changes we keep our style and our heritage and all of our cultural ondas and movidas from our past and present styles and trends but we never stop being chicano if we stay in the same neighborhood forever or move into the finest home in the nicest area and make all the money in the world money and your personal level of monetary value does not determine your status as a chicano love and respect and family honor and to be honest and above all an understanding of diosito and how real and important dios can be in our lives i grew up a real criminal and gang member i am not a criminal anymore i have been out of trouble for 24 years and no matter who you are and where you are from what matters most is what are you doing right now in life and what are your plans for your future and your family my words as a man are stronger than the gun in my hand true chicanos are upstanding citizens in todays society chicanos go to work on time everyday and work over time every time and have good jobs and own homes and have good credit because they pay their bills on time and all the style that is ours and is unique cant be compared by any other race we our proud but we need not say anything at all but walk the walk then we can talk the talk aqui para un chicano

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
You're not describing Chicanos. You're describing Surenos.


As a NORTENO I agree with everything LoneWolf said. So I don't see how you come to the conclusion that he is only speaking for Surenos.

Anonymous said...

Chicano/a is neither Sureño, nor Norteño!

A Chicano/a es de La Raza!

Chicanos are not bound by gang allegiances nor divided by locality!

A Chicano/a can live either in Southern or Northern Califas..

He/She can live either in Mexico or these United States..

He/She can either be wearing creased up khakis or not..

Be a cholo/a, or not one at all..

Be a Lowrider, or maybe not!

Chicanos are not bound by Varrios nor Prison Politics.. Chale!!!

Chicanos are bound by Cultura and Respect por Lo Nuestro!

Como se dice?

BROWN AND PROUD!

Anonymous said...

NOW THAT CHICANO HAS BEEN PROPERLY DEFINED, A JUST AS EQUALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION IS WHAT DOES S.U.R. MEAN TO YOU. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT IT STOOD FOR SOUTHERN UNITED RAZA, BUT WHERE'S THE UNITY IN THE SOUTH. IN THESE DAYS, SUR, ONLY DESCRIBES WHERE YOU LIVE IN CALI, NOT UNITY, ALL YOU SEE OR HEAR IN SURENO VS SURENO FIGHTING, BEEFING, DISRESPECTING EACH OTHER YE PA QUE, SO THE ESTRELLAS CAN SIT THERE AND SPEAK ABOUT HOW UN-UNITED WE ARE. THEY DON'T NEED TO TAKE US OUT, SABES QUE WHERE DOING IT FOR THEM.
PURO SUR LIFE, FOR LIFE, WITHOUT STRIFE.

AnnemarieSchimmel said...

Good blog~nice to meet u..................................................................

Locote-X said...

HOMEBOYS IS RIGHT-BEING A CHICANO(X) IS NOT BEING A GANGBANGER-IS PUTTING IT DOWN FOR LA RAZA-N TO THE LOCO THAT SAID ABOUT RAZA UNIDAD-HES RIGHT-WHERES THE UNITY IN THE STREETS?-.......